Bishop Gregory was born in Charlotte, NC on Dec 7, 1958. He is a graduate of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill earning a BA degree in Biology and the University of North Carolina at Charlotte earning a MS degree in Biology. After taking part in a mission trip to Alaska sponsored by the Orthodox Christian Mission Center, Bishop Gregory felt the calling to pursue his life-long dream of studying for the Holy Priesthood. He entered Holy Cross Greek Orthodox School of Theology and graduated in May of 2006 with the Masters of Divinity degree.
Bishop Gregory served as the Parish Priest of Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church in Raleigh, NC and later served as Dean of the Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Cathedral in New Orleans, LA. He was consecrated as Bishop at Christ the Saviour Cathedral in Johnstown, PA on Tuesday, November 27, 2012. His Grace, Bishop Gregory of Nyssa, is the fourth ruling Diocesan Hierarch.
(Adapted from ACROD)
The Very Reverend Robert Rebeck was born on April 26th, 1939 in Perth Amboy, NJ. After high school, Fr. Rebeck entered Christ the Saviour Seminary, where he graduated with a Bachelor of Theology in May of 1964. On July 5, 1964 he was ordained to the priesthood. His first pastorate assignment included St. Michael's Church in Wood, PA and SS. Peter and Paul Church in Central City, PA. In 1972, Fr. Rebeck was assigned as Pastor to Protection of the Blessed Virgin Mary Orthodox Church (formerly St. John the Baptist Church) in Allentown, PA.
While Fr. Rebeck's religious dedication to his parishioners is well recognized, he is also Dean of the Mid-Atlantic Deanery, Treasurer of the Diocesan Priests Pension Fund, member and treasurer of the Orthodox Clergy Association of the Greater Lehigh Valley, and a member of the Lehigh Valley Conference of Churches.
Fr. Rebeck celebrated the 50th Anniversary of his Ordination to the Holy Priesthood on June 22, 2014.
The current church on the corner of 6th and Tilghman St. in Allentown, PA was a former synagogue that was converted into an Orthodox Church for the devout people of the Lehigh Valley. Therefore the stained glass windows still depict symbols from the old testament including a Star of David in the rose window. A "mortgage burning" in 1987 marked the end to the initial purchasing and building costs of the Church and rectory.